Wedding Cakes at Swiss Haus
At Swiss Haus Bakery we know that planning a wedding can be a very stressful task so we make your cake buying decision an easy one. Make a tasting appointment with Donna, our head chef, and she will design the cake of your dreams with care and love. You'll taste a varieties of cakes and frostings until you find exactly what you want for your special day. Whether your event is for 30 or 300, we can make your cake memorable...and if you want to shove it in your new hubby's face, we recommend vanilla buttercream...Call Donna today and set up your cake tasting: 215-563-0759
Wedding Cake Submission Form:
Wedding Cake Planning Guide:
Plan as far in advance as possible
We can only make a certain number of custom cakes per day. We suggest ordering your cake at least 2-3 months in advance.
Find your inspiration
Before you meet with a bakery to discuss the cake of your dreams, you need to have an idea of what you want. Look in bridal magazines and websites for photographs of what you like. Bring those pictures into your meeting with Donna.
Know your budget
The more intricate your design, the more money it will cost. Have an idea in advance of what you want to spend. The average wedding cake costs between $5.00 and $10.00 per guest depending on intricacy of design and cake flavors. Do you need the cake delivered? Delivery starts at $50.00 and goes higher based on distance.Design the Cake (we'll help with this part)
- What flavor cake do you want? Pound? Sponge? Chocolate or Vanilla?
- Do you want it covered in buttercream or fondant?
- How do you want the cake topped?
- Do you want to provide the wedding Topper or should we?
- Flowers on top? Real? Or Fake? Who should provide?
Decide how you want the cake to look.
Here are some of the questions we'll go over during your tasting (and we'll provide samples and tastes so that you'll know exactly what your cake will taste like on your big day):
It is helpful if you know a little bit about the Venue:
- What is the earliest time the cake can be delivered?
- Does your cake need to be refrigerated?
- Do they have a refrigerator large enough to contain your cake?
- Are there any special delivery instructions or requirements?
- Who is the contact person and phone number on the day of delivery?
Your Big Day
This is your big day. The day you have been dreaming about all of your life. Enjoy it! Savor the moment. It will all be over in a flash. Everything will be just how the universe intended it to be. The cake will be beautiful, and will taste amazing. So be happy and enjoy the moment!